I do not live IN the Big Pineapple - but I do live in Nambour, the home of the Big Pineapple.
Moved here July 2012 after a year in SW Qld (St George and Mungindi). This is the closest I have lived to a BIG icon. I went inside recently - it is made of fibreglass.
So here in Nambour, I live about 600m from the Nambour General Hospital, which is where I work. Parking is at a premium, an influence on finding a flat so close, so I walk to/from work which is a part of the day I do enjoy - regardless of the time my shift starts or ends.
I commute to Brisbane on as many weekends as I can to sail at Royal Qld Yacht Squadron (Saturday) and Darling Point Sailing Squadron (Sunday). This is a 250km round trip - but it's worth it, and much closer than last year when I had a 1060km round trip for sailing in Brisbane, which I didn't do too often.
The plan at present for me is to finish my midwifery July 2013. Where I go after that - who knows? - the ideal scenario would be a graduate midwife position somewhere.
Hope to sail the Sabre on the Maroochy River this Thursday afternoon, and also looking forward to sailing Battle for Waterloo at the weekend (posted my entry this afternoon).
No comments:
Post a Comment