Hello from RQYS,
Sitting in the bar
watching folk have breakfast, very relaxing, and enjoying my coffee as I write
to you. Oh – here’s a picture of me at the Boardwalk Café J
We had a big day on Waterloo Bay yesterday, check out the
Inner Beacon readings at BOM. I’m expecting more of the same today for a race
at DPSS. http://www.bom.gov.au/qld/observations/brisbane.shtml
A few folk have asked
about getting from the RQYS rigging lawns to the sailing area. We sail out
through the marina (all yachts are berthed, not on swings). After the second channel marker, turn right J,
toward King Island. Yes you can see King Island in the pic below.
These bay shots were
taken this morning, from the mouth
of the marina channel.
Summer has kicked in, so you need to be packing sunscreen,
rashies, sunnies and hats. Don’t forget water bottle and the boat J
There are 55 entrants (check the RQYS Sabre Nationals
microsite) for the list. This is also the link to access Sailing Instructions
(coming VERY soon, and results in due course). Event microsite link: http://www.rqys.com.au/index.php/2013-sabre-australian-championship/
Competitors, your welcome pack will have a booklet of local
information. I will also be emailing you mid-December with an informal how-to
for the event, like getting boom-gate access and the local shops.
I’m off to rig As Time
Goes By for same fun on the bay.
See you soon,
Susan and the Qld Nationals organising team
No comments:
Post a Comment